We encourage our members to become involved in one or more of our committees. The experience gained is invaluable, and provides a great foundation for further leadership positions.
Each year, through our Chapters and Annual Conference, the NCAWA organizes a wide variety of dynamic programs. Typically held during lunchtime or after work, our programs address topics that include substantive legal issues, practice development, career development, and matters of general concern to all women. These programs feature experts, authors, dignitaries, and government officials, many of whom are our very own members.
An Instant Network
Membership in the NCAWA opens doors. Through your involvement in the NCAWA, you have the opportunity to network with women and men who are at the very top of our profession. Members of the NCAWA support each other, developing mentoring relationships, serving as role models, and creating opportunities for one another.
Each year, the NCAWA hosts annual events that provide members an opportunity to meet and hear from prominent individuals in the profession.
Recognition and Visibility
We all know it’s awkward to toot your own horn. Let the NCAWA promote your accomplishments and achievements in our newsletters and e-blasts, and on our website. We are committed to advancing women as leaders and role models in the profession.
A Connection to the Community
The NCAWA maintains a commitment to improving the lives of women and children. Through our members, we support many community service projects and programs to support the community. Among other things, the NCAWA provides scholarships to women law students in North Carolina.
NCAWA Members enjoy the following benefits:
- The opportunity to network with hundreds of members, both women and men, from the judiciary, law firms, corporations, non-profits, and the government.
- A subscription to Self-Evident, the NCAWA's member newsletter. Self-Evident covers issues of concern to women in the law, profiles women leaders, and presents substantive articles written by members.
- Preferential registration fees for many NCAWA programs and events.
- The NCAWA Online Member Directory. This resource puts the entire NCAWA membership at your fingertips, making networking easier than ever. Finding fellow members is just a click away.
- The NCAWA Online Job Bank. Accessible only with your member password, the online job bank lists career opportunities within private firms, corporations, the government, and non-profits.